TERMS OF BUSINESS
1. Regulators Statement:
Those who advise on life assurance, pensions, or unit trust products are either independent advisors or representatives of one company.
Sterling Capital is the trading name of Oakwood Capital Limited and is independent of any life assurance company and offers an execution-only service i.e. we do not provide advice as to the merit of any sale or purchase. We are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and are bound by its rules.
You are a private customer and under the rules of the Financial Services Authority will be entitled to the highest level of regulatory protection. However, it is possible that as result of your business experience and understanding of investments that Oakwood Capital Limited may believe it is more appropriate to consider categorising you as an intermediate customer. If so, Oakwood Capital Limited will write to you with new terms of business and details of the changes in regulatory protection. You will be invited to consent to the changes.
2. Oakwood Capital Limited does not handle client's money. We never accept a cheque made out to us or handle cash.
3. We act as agents for associated companies of Oakwood Capital Limited and other parties for the purchase and/or sale of appropriate forms of investment. They will prepare all the transfer and assignment documentation at no cost to you and forward all documents relating to either purchase and sale as soon as practicable.
4. You or your appointed agent may inspect contract notes, vouchers and entries in our books, (whether kept manually or electronically) which relate solely to your transactions and we will, on receipt of your written request, supply copies. We keep records of our business transactions for at least six years. We do not review client’s investments.
5. We normally make no charge whatsoever to the investor unless by prior written arrangement. Where applicable we will arrange the payment of a commission to your introducing intermediaries.
6. If we receive a commission or other form of benefit from the issuer of a security or from another intermediary, we will inform you but need not quantify the amount unless you ask us to do so.
7. We will accept oral instructions provided they are subsequently confirmed in writing.
8. From time to time the Company may forward marketing material to you or contact you by telephone to keep you informed of products and services it can offer and which may be of interest to you.
9. Any complaint can be made to The Compliance Officer, Oakwood Capital Limited, 9 Lydden Road, London SW18 4LT and on the telephone number overleaf. If we become aware that our interests or those of our principal conflict with your interests, we will inform you in writing and obtain your consent for us to proceed. Oakwood Capital Limited holds Professional Indemnity Insurance as required by its regulator, the Financial Services Authority. If you make a valid claim against us and we are unable to meet our liabilities in full you may be entitled to redress from the Investors’ Compensation Scheme. Details of the cover provided by the Scheme will be sent to you on request. Further information is available from the Financial Services Authority and the Investors’ Compensation Scheme.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority
Registered in England No: 3758888